Book Title: DK Eyewitness Arizona and the Grand Canyon
Author: Lonely Planet
Format: Paperback | 176 pages
Publication Date: 19 Jan 2018
The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this dramatically beautiful state.
Take a trip through the water-filled canyons of Lake Powell, tour the Mesa Verde National Park's Ancient Puebloan cliff dwellings, stroll the centuries-old cobbled alleys of San Xavier del Bac Mission or hike one of the Grand Canyon's many walking trails: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Arizona and the Grand Canyon with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Arizona and the Grand Canyon:
- Over 10 colour maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Arizona and the Grand Canyon, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and area plans show in detail the ancient cultural site of Chaco Canyon, 18th-century San Xavier del Bac Mission in Tucson, fascinating Heard Museum in Pheonix and more
- Colour photographs of Arizona's breathtaking landscapes - including the Colorado Desert, Arizona Upland, High Country, Colorado Plateau and Grand Canyon, Monument Valley - plus its unique flora and fauna, bustling cities, historic missions and ancient settlements, and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Grand Canyon and Northern Arizona; Phoenix and Southern Arizona; the Four Corners and more
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the fascinating history of Arizona and the Grand Canyon, its dramatic landscape, flora and fauna, art and architecture, traditional festivals and events, and more
- Experience Arizona and the Grand Canyon with features on the Native Cultures of Arizona, the Wild West, Route 66, Ancestral Puebloans, and more
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus transport, visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Arizona and the Grand Canyon is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Arizona and the Grand Canyon.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
Taking a road trip around America? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide USA.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.